OBJECTS SITES MUSEUMS
SOURCES LINKS PROJECT
 
NEWS FORUM GALLERIES
     
Homepage
Identification
 
Registration number
A0031
Name
Kosovelje - Military hospital No. 808 near Kosovelje
Synonyms
 
RKD registration number
no data
 
Description
 
Class
immovable cultural heritage
Type
memorial heritage
Category
construction
Typological labels
chapel, hospital, memorial plaque
Material
concrete, stone
Origin
austro-hungarian
Construction year
1916 - 1917
Ownership
no data
 
Location
 
State
Slovenia
Municipality
Sežana
Settlement
Kosovelje
Sites
y = 406530
x = 71634
Elevation
251 m
Coordinate estimation method
Coordinate precision estimation
3-10 m
Elevation estimation method
Measurements
no data
Map 1:10k
Map 1:25k
 
Map of location
 
 
 
Notes
 
Date of entry
21.08.2005 14:39:39
Entered by
Simon Kovačič
Date of last change
11.12.2006 12:09:09
Last changed
Simon Kovačič
Notes
 
A0031 - Kosovelje - Military hospital No. 808 near Kosovelje
Text description
A military chapel near the Military Hospital Nr. 808 near Kosovelje. Remnants of a military chapel, which was a part of the Field Hospital Nr. 808, set up on a large grass field near Kosovelje. The chapel was standing between the wooden barracks of the hospital. The back wall was built higher than the two side walls. The upper part with the roofing was made from wood. The roof itself was from zinc sheet metal and the walls have been covered with eternit plates. Inside the chapel was a wooden altar and aside there were several benches.

After the war the chapel was used as a shelter during heavy rains and storms by farmers working on the nearby fields or by children while going to the school. During the Second World War the wooden part of the chapel was destroyed. As a result today are visible only the walls from stone blocks in which three inscriptions are carved.
Message transcription
First Inscription:
FELDSPITAL 808

Second Inscription:
ARCHITEKT.
OBLT. IMRE NOVÁK.
LDST. ING. ©LECHTA.

Third Inscription:
SANITATCHEF OBER-
STABSARZT DR. EDVARD
STEHLIK. --- SPITALS-
KOMMANDANT - STABS-
ARZT DR. ED. WAGNER
Message interpretation
Translation of message interpretation
Location description
The remnants of the chapel are situated 160m north from the road turning for Kosovelje on the road Krajna vas –Komen, on a grass field about 25 metres away from the road. The Pliska education trail is going nearby. On a board near the remnants is information about the events that took place in Kosovelje during the war.
Condition
Only the stone remnants of the chapel are preserved.
Interventions
In 2003 the local inhabitants cleaned the ruins and set up nearby an education route with a board which represents the former chapel and the hospital.
Links to other entries
Sources
Močnik, M., 2005: Komenski kras 1914-1918. Ljubljana. Karantanija.
Links to museums
Interesting links
Notes
Photo
 
Entry nr. have photos (ordered by date of photo).
 
 
Comments and suggestions
 
Ste pri prebiranju opisa naleteli na napako, pomanjkljivost ali neaurnost informacij, morda veste o objektu, obmoju ali muzeju ve, kot je zapisano? Vai komentarji, pripombe in vsebinske dopolnitve so zaeljeni; zapiite jih na na spletni forum in po potrditvi informacij bomo z njimi dopolnili evidenni opis.

Insert commentTotal: 0
 
OBJECTS SITES MUSEUMS
SOURCES LINKS PROJECT